Diploma in Automotive Engineering Technology (R/525/4/0024)(MQA/FA 1907)(07/22)
Despark College DK099 (B)
*Find out more about how to apply as an International student at Despark College.
Our Diploma Programme is a 2.5 years full-time course that prepare you to be proficient in industry training, practical training and theory training. Learn to keep pace with the advances in automotive technology and be able to partake in a focus of 60% Hands-On training to lead students to be adept in skills and up-to-date in the technology advancement. The course offers extensive coverage of both technological and managerial aspects of Automotive Engineering which well prepared students in future career.
The syllabus covers 60% practical and 40% theory session.
- DAET 101 Automotive Engineering Shop Practice and Safety
- DAET 102 Engine System (Petrol & Diesel Engine)
- DAET 103 Engine Fuel System
- DAET 104 Engine Management 1
- DAET 107 Automotive Electrical & Electronic 1
- DAET 110 Automotive Drive Train 1
- DAET 112 Engine Management 2
- DAET 115 Motorsport & Automotive Technology
- DAET 116 Automotive Electrical & Electronic 2
- DAET 117 Automotive Drive Train 2
- DAET 123 Automotive Chassis 1
- DAET 124 Automotive Chassis 2
- DAET 125 Introduction of Manufacturing Technology
- DAET 126 Introduction of Design for Technologist
- DAET 127 Computing for Business & Technology
- DAET 128 Mechanical Experimental Engineering
- PED 1005 Engineering English
- CC 1001 Materials and Electrical Technology
- CC 1002 Engineering Mathematics & Statistics
- CC 1006 Business Strategy Planning for Vehicle Operation
- MPU 2163 Malaysian Studies 2
- MPU 2223 Career Skills Development
- MPU 2343 Quality Assurance & Management
- MPU 2411 – MPU 2481 Co-Curriculum
- DAET FYP Final Year Project
- DAET IT Industrial Training (Internship)
*Syallabus is subject to change without any prior notice.
- SPM with min 3 credits include Mathematics, Sciences subject and pass English or equivalent.
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 with min 1 credit in SPM and 1 year working experience in automotive industry.
- O-Level with min 3 credits includes Mathematic, Sciences subject and pass English.
- UEC Grad B in 3 subjects includes Mathematic, Sciences subject and pass English.
- STPM Pass Mathematic, English and Sciences subject.
- City & Guilds Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
- Other Qualifications: Any other qualifications will be considered on a case-to-case basis
Note: Students must satisfy the stipulated English requirement before pursuing the BTEC Level 5 and Degree programme.
- BTEC Level 5 in Automotive Engineering
- Degree* : BEng (Hons) in Automotive Engineering/ BSc (Hons) in Automotive Technology with Management
Note: The completion of a programme at Despark College does not give the student an automatic admission to a higher level programme. Admission is determined by the student’s results, and the fulfillment of the conditions and the entry requirements stipulated by the University.
EARN YOUR DEGREE! Students may further their Degree Education Pathways with our partnered Universities. Click here to ask for more detailed information.
- Project Manager
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Research and Development
- Engine Builder
- Chief Body System Engineer
- Race Team Technician
- Track Engineer
- Parts Manager
- Motorsport Programme Leader
- Data Engineer
- Automotive Lecturer