Diploma in Automotive Technology (N/525/4/0002)(MQA/FA 9010)(08/22)
Despark College DK099 (B)
*Find out more about how to apply as an International student at Despark College.
This course is designed to train students in light vehicle mechanics to develop their skills and certify they are capable to achieve the industry standards. Students will acquire knowledge on developing and documenting specifications and procedures, and preparation of technical reports. This course covers development and application of electrical and mechanical system modifications, management of environmental compliance in the workplace which is suitable for those working in the automotive service and repair industry at the forefront of the implementation of new technologies.
The method of delivery includes 40% of classroom based theory and 60% of practical training sessions. A simulated workplace environment is created through individual and group activities and practical tasks in both delivery and assessment where students will be facilitated to develop skills and knowledge to fulfil the requirements for each competency unit and its elements.
On successful completion of this course the students would be awarded Diploma in Automotive Technology which is a nationally recognized qualification. This could help students gain entry into career paths or further education in the field of automotive industry.
- DAT 101 Automotive Shop Practice & Safety
- DAT 102 Bench Fitting & Welding
- DAT 103 Vehicle Maintenance & Servicing
- DAT 104 Engine System
- DAT 105 Engine Management
- DAT 106 Air Induction & Exhaust System
- DAT 107 Automotive Electrical & Electronic 1
- DAT 108 Air Conditioning System
- DAT 110 Automotive Drive Train 1: Clutch & Manual Transmission
- DAT 111 Engine System 2: Diesel Engine
- DAT 113 Vehicle Fault Diagnosis
- DAT 116 Vehicle Electronics
- DAT 117 Automotive Drive Train 2: Automatic Transmission & CVT
- DAT 120 Steering System
- DAT 121 Tyres & Wheel Alignment
- DAT 122 Brake System
- DAT 123 Suspension System
- PED 1008 Technical English
- CCA 1003 Automotive Entrepreneurship
- CCA 1002 Mathematics
- CCA 1001 Physics
- MPU 2163 Malaysian Studies
- MPU 2213 or MPU 2333 Bahasa Kebangsaan A/ Personal & Professional Development
- MPU 2223 Employability Skills
- MPU 2411- MPU 2481 Co-Curriculum 1 & 2
- DAT FYP Final Year Project
- DAT IT Industrial Training (Internship)
*Syllabus is subject to change without any prior notice.
- Pass SPM or equivalent with minimum of 3 credits in any subject.
- Pass UEC (Unified Examination Certification) with Grade B in any 3 subjects.
- Pass O-Level with credits or grade C in any 3 subjects.
- Other Qualifications: Any other qualifications will be considered on a case-to-case basis.
- BTEC Level 5 in General Engineering
- Degree* : BSc (Hons) in Automotive Technology with Management/Bachelor Degree in Applied Technology (Automotive Engineering)/ BEng in Automotive Engineering
Note: The completion of a programme at Despark College does not give the student an automatic admission to a higher level programme. Admission is determined by the student’s results, and the fulfilment of the conditions and the entry requirements stipulated by the University.
EARN YOUR DEGREE! Students may further their Degree Education Pathways with us. Click here to ask for more detailed information.
Advanced Diagnostic Technician
Automotive System Designer
Automotive Diagnostic Technician
Skilled trade person in automotive
Small engine mechanic
- Repair service writer
- Technical support engineer
- Workshop supervisor
- Automotive Dealer
- Automotive Instructor